Whatever your skill level, mountain bikers of all kinds are sure to find their favourite trail at Conservation Halton Parks. Load up the trail-a-bike and bring the family to Mountsberg, get your adrenaline fix on the tight turns, steep slopes and rugged routes at Hilton Falls or choose your own adventure from the extensive network of mountain bike trails at Kelso.
- Always wear a helmet! Skill level and trail difficulty do not determine if you crash.
- Check to make sure your bike is in safe operating condition before your ride.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks in case your ride is longer than expected.
- Always carry a spare tube and tools that will allow you to perform fixes on the trail.
- Use a map or an app to get familiar with the network of trails where you are going.
- Respect trail closures (conditions, maintenance, events) and only ride open trails.
- Do not ride trails during or immediately after rain, as this causes damage to the trails.
- Don’t ride around puddles, as this widens the trail. Slow down and ride through them.
- Stay on existing trails and do not modify or create new trails, including switchbacks.
- If you are not comfortable riding a feature, walk around it, so you don’t create a new trail.
- Be aware of daylight hours and ride distance, so you can be back before dark.
- Always look and listen out for other bikers, as well as hikers, on the trails.
- Always ride on the right side of the trail, so that faster riders can pass safely.
- Pass on the left side of the trail and indicate your intention before you do so.
- Ring your bell or use your voice to let others know that you are approaching.
- When riding easier trails, yield to less experienced riders and give them a little space.
- If you need to get off your bike and walk, stay to the side of the trail, so others can pass.
- When another rider indicates that they are passing, respond to let them know it is safe.
- Trying new trails and features is a great way to improve your skills but be reasonable.
- Stay in control of your speed and technique for the safety of yourself and others.
- Make sure to give wildlife and companion animals enough time and space on the trail.
- Use caution around horses on the trail and ask the horserider for direction if uncertain.
- Do your best to be positive, supportive and cooperative with others on the trail.
If the trails are calling your name, we are here to help answer that call. Programs and lessons are available for all skill levels whether you are new to the sport or have been riding for years and just want to dial in your skills. The Mountain Bike Instructors at Kelso are here to introduce you to the trails, develop your skills, boost your confidence, guide you on epic rides and help you become the rider you aspire to become!
Come join the Kelso mountain bike team on منگل nights for our race series! We are proud to provide a fun and challenging weekly series and a unique, energetic hub for the racing and riding community. We offer races for everyone from kids all the way to expert riders. This year we have also introduced chip based timing supported by MyLaps! For more information on our منگل night race series click here. (Insert hyperlink)