Property Inquiries

To find out if your property or proposed works are regulated, you can access our online mapping or contact us at You will be asked for a detailed description of the property and a conceptual plan for any proposed activity. Staff will undertake a preliminary review and advise if you need a permit from Conservation Halton. If you would like to speak to a specific staff member, please contact them directly to make an appointment.

Aerial drone image of residential communities and natural areas in part of the Conservation Halton watershed.

If you require a formal letter from Conservation Halton which indicates the approximate location of the regulated area on your property, outlines what is required to delineate that limit, or states that your property is not regulated, as the case may be, a nominal fee will be required, and an additional fee may be required if a site visit is needed.

Solicitors and Realtors

Please email requests to Once requests are received, we will reach out to confirm payment.

Inquiries from solicitors and realtors should include the following :

  1. Letter of Inquiry with the location of the property, including address, lot number, concession number, and an outline information requested.
  2. Legal Survey in its entirety with the geographic location and extent of the property, and the property highlighted.
  3. The current fee of $360.00 (HST not applicable), which can be found here on the Conservation Halton Fees for Other Services Schedule

We will issue a letter stating whether a property is subject to the Conservation Authorities Act and Ontario Regulation 41/24 or any other Conservation Halton interests or programs. Please note that this letter does not constitute a formal Conservation Halton position on a planning or permit application nor does it replace the pre-consultation process. In general, inquiries are reviewed based on the order in which they are received.