- Please note that Kelso Main will be closed as ski operations for Glen Eden get underway, and will remain closed for the Glen Eden season.
- Please note the indoor washrooms are temporarily closed at Hilton Falls. Portable washrooms are available near the parking lot.
PARK TRAIL CLOSURES
The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is an invasive species that infects and kills Ash trees and this is creating hazards for the public. Our forestry team will be removing hazardous or damaged trees along certain areas of trails at Conservation Halton Parks, Mondays through Fridays 8am to 4pm. While tree removal is carried out, sections of trails will be closed to the public for safety reasons. Signs will be posted.
- Lakeshore Lookout trail at Mountsberg is currently closed due to tree hazards
- Portions of the Pioneer Creek Trail at Mountsberg will be closed for March and April. View the map for details.
- Kelso/Glen Eden: there will be hydro clearing and hazard tree removals near the dam during March.
- Mount Nemo: there will be hazard tree removals taking place along the main trail later in March. This trail will be closed in segments. You can still hike here, but please avoid the active work areas. View the map for details.
- Waterdown Woods will have trail closures starting March 6th. The Brue Trail and unsanctioned trails in these properties should not be used during forestry works, please look for signage and respect trail closures for your own safety. Hazard tree removals will take place Lundi – Vendredi, 8am – 4pm .
- Waterdown Woods forest management operations begin this March. Due to spring conditions and migratory birds, this work is on hold until the fall. Please stay on the marked trails and DO NOT explore on the temporary skid trails that will be restored following operations.
- Clappison Woods will have trail closures starting later in March. The Brue Trail and unsanctioned trails in these properties should not be used during forestry works, please look for signage and respect trail closures for your own safety. Hazard tree removals will take place Lundi – Vendredi, 8am – 4pm.