March is the month for all things maple! Mountsberg’s Maple Town runs February 25 until April 2, 2017 on weekends, holidays and March Break from 10am - 4pm each day. Maple Town is free with regular gate admission or a Halton Parks Membership.
Mountsberg’s sugar bush has been producing maple magic for almost 150 years and educating the public for more than 30 years. Approximately 600 trees are tapped during this most Canadian of seasons and the watery sap is be magically transformed into sweet maple syrup in the Sugar Shanty.
- See how sap is magically transformed into sweet, sticky syrup and smell the fragrant steam rising from simmering kettles
- Learn the secrets of Maple Candy making and taste FREE candy samples
- Enjoy piping hot pancakes smothered in fresh maple syrup outdoors in our pavilion nestled in the woods
- Climb, jump, and run in the Play Barn
- See inspiring birds of prey demonstrations in the Raptor Centre at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm
- View bison, eagles, hawks and owls along the Wildlife Walkway
- *ALSO* Enjoy guided wagon rides through the sugar bush (additional fee applies)
- Check our event calendar for information on theme weekends to join in on additional fun activies!