Memoranda of Understanding
Conservation Halton (CH) provides a range of planning and advisory services to watershed municipalities and other agencies. These services are typically outlined in Memoranda of Understanding or Agreement with individual municipalities and agencies.
Through these MOUs, CH provides
- Technical input regarding potential environmental impacts and
- Advice about how damaging impacts can be avoided or reduced and/or how opportunities for mitigation, restoration or improvement of environmental features and functions can be realized.
Comments apply to a range of matters including but not limited to natural hazards, natural heritage, and water quality and quantity.
The terms of the agreements for planning services provided by CH differ, depending on the in-house staff expertise and resource issues of concern within the specific municipality or agency.
CH’s MOU’s with municipal partners include:
- Halton Region – Conservation Halton’s Memorandum of Understanding with Halton Region
- Halton Region and Conservation Halton also have a Storm Water Management Agreement – Schedule 1 Storm Water Management Agreement
- City of Hamilton – Conservation Halton’s Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Hamilton
- Peel Region – Conservation Halton’s Memorandum of Understanding with Peel Region
- County of Wellington – Conservation Halton’s Memorandum of Understanding with the County of Wellington.