Fetch! Come! Sit! Stay! Join us on Sunday May 15 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area for the first annual Pooches in the Park event. This ‘on leash’ event features an afternoon of tail-wagging fun, filled with prizes, training tips, vendors and more!
Each day, Halton Parks welcome dogs and their owners to get out, explore and interact with nature. Pooches in the Park will offer tips on pet etiquette and safety while enjoying these natural spaces. Stop by for a ‘Meet and Greet’ with our Park Rangers for some free swag and learn how you and your canine can enjoy the parks both responsibly and safely.
Take a stroll in the Pet Marketplace for great deals on dog merchandise, visit the pet experts, including veterinarians and animal communicators, or say cheese for a family photo with a professional photographer. Don’t forget to grab a bite to eat (don’t worry, we have treats for your furry friend, too) all while taking in an exciting dog agility demonstration led by McCann’s Professional Dog Trainers. Bring your dog and spend an afternoon in the park with your best friend.
Conservation Halton reminds all dog owners of the top five reasons to ‘Love ‘em & leash ‘em’:
- Natural dangers - Steep drops, encounters with wildlife (coyotes, skunks, etc.), getting lost
- Diseases - Rabies, parvo, distemper, lyme (all can be contracted from encounters with wildlife)
- Dogs can harass and injure native wildlife - Remember, you’re in their home
- Not everyone loves dogs - Rushing up to other park visitors may be an unwelcome or scary surprise
- It’s the law - Dogs MUST be leashed on all conservation authority owned lands
This event is free with the purchase of regular park admission. Halton Parks Members only need to show their membership for admission. For more information on this event and all the other happenings at Conservation Halton Parks visit www.conservationhalton.ca/events; to find out about recreational programs and services, go to www.haltonparks.ca.