Administrative Coordinator – Operations & Human Resources
Administrative Coordinator – Operations & Human Resources
18-month contract - Full Time
Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore and manage the natural resources in our watershed but we have grown to become so much more. Today, we protect our communities and conserve our natural environment through planning, education and recreation and to support our partners in the creation of sustainable communities within our watershed.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives make us stronger. Conservation Halton is committed to be an equal opportunity employer, creating an inclusive work environment and encouraging employees to be their most authentic self, no matter their ethnic background, religious beliefs, age demographic, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental health or general appearance. We also expect our employees to embrace and embody these values in all aspects of their work.
Four years ago, Conservation Halton started a process of transformation through our strategic plan, Metamorphosis. That strategic plan was an important first step for us to better understand the needs of our community and lay the groundwork for what needed to be done. Metamorphosis has now reached its end, but it is more important than ever for us to plan for the future. Our new strategic plan, Momentum, positions us to use the improvements and achievements we have made to carry us into the future for a more green, resilient, connected tomorrow. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious, and strategic people that are not satisfied with the status quo, are excited by the opportunity in every challenge and are driven by meaningful, measurable results. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused and socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing direct administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer and the Director, Human Resources. The Administrative Coordinator’s role will include prioritizing and decision making related to managing calendars, assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents including board reports and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
This role will also:
- Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response on behalf of COO and/or Director, HR, exercising judgement and confidentiality
- Prepare, edit information, and compile relevant data to contribute to existing dashboards, presentations, and documents on behalf of the COO and Director, HR
- Support the coordination and tasks related to the annual budget process
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the teams that both leaders oversee
- Schedule and coordinate team meetings including drafting agendas, compiling, and distributing presentation materials; and recording meeting minutes when required
- Coordinate the logistics associated with department-led special projects, initiatives, or events
- Support with planning, coordinating and day of logistics for HR employee engagement events
- College diploma or university degree in Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Experience working as part of a high-performing matrix team and for multiple leaders on highly confidential matters
- Experience with multiple systems and software, MS Office, Zoom
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment and maintain a high level of confidentiality, work productivity and efficiency, with a strong customer service delivery focus
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in proofreading and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in file and document management with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Starting at $62,080 annually
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment and no traffic lights for several miles
- You will work with a creative, talented, and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks
- Season passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food, and merchandise
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2021
Your application should include:
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.