HR & Volunteer Coordinator
HR & Volunteer Coordinator
Permanent, Full Time
Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore and manage the natural resources in our watershed but we have grown to become so much more. Today, we protect our communities and conserve our natural environment through planning, education and recreation and to support our partners in the creation of sustainable communities within our watershed.
Our strategic plan, Metamorphosis, continues to drive us to embrace more innovative ideas to communicate and collaborate more effectively, create the capacity for us to form new partnerships and position us to become leaders in conservation. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious people that aren’t satisfied with the status quo, that see the opportunity in every challenge, are driven by measurable results and thrive in a busy work environment. If you are looking to join an environmentally focused, socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
The Human Resources & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for providing full administrative support in all areas of human resources including recruitment and onboarding, training and development, employee relations and confidential HR File management. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources this role will also support our volunteer program other HR projects and initiatives.
As the HR & Volunteer Coordinator you will:
- Lead all aspects of HR administration including file management, employee correspondence and support HR data tracking and metrics
- Support employee relations issues and investigations process when required
- Provide support to recruitment and selection process
- Lead the onboarding and orientation program for all new hires at the administration office
- Manage the CH branded clothing process including support of eStore, vendor relationship and general employee questions and requests
- Provide back up to corporate reception when required
- Support HR initiatives such as wellness program, employee engagement events, learning & development
- Support HR process improvement initiatives
- Support legislative compliance
- Lead the development and support of volunteer coordination
- Primary point of contact for specific employee group
- Lead the summer jobs program including funding applications and recruitment
- University degree or College diploma in human resources; and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 2-3 years related work experience in recruitment/HR administrative or employee relations role
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a focus on positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with issues of a sensitive nature
- Demonstrated ability to offer suggestions for overall process improvement
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail and follow through
- Starting at $55,109 annually based on a 35-hour work week
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment
- You will work with a creative, talented and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Participation in the OMERS defined benefit pension plan, with generous employer-matching
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks
- Season passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Your application should include:
Your resume and cover letter in one pdf document
Reference your name and the position title in the subject line
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.