Business Analyst, Digital Transformation
Business Analyst, Digital Transformation
Permanent, Full Time
Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore and manage the natural resources in our watershed but we have grown to become so much more. Today, we protect our communities and conserve our natural environment through planning, education and recreation and to support our partners in the creation of sustainable communities within our watershed.
Our strategic plan, Metamorphosis, continues to drive us to embrace more innovative ideas to communicate and collaborate more effectively, create the capacity for us to form new partnerships and position us to become leaders in conservation. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious people that aren’t satisfied with the status quo, that see the opportunity in every challenge, are driven by measurable results and thrive in a busy work environment. If you are looking to join an environmentally focused, socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Working as part of a high performing matrix team, the Business Analyst, Digital Transformation will support and lead multiple digital transformation initiatives varying in size and complexity, across a variety of technology platforms.
- Responsible for leading discovery sessions, scoping, requirements elicitation and management,
- Lead solution planning, validation of solution and business readiness activities for a project or group of projects
- Working closely with the project management office and technical staff, this role will involve gathering detailed requirements, liaising with multiple stakeholders and support the successful delivery of projects
- Develop, implement, and manage IT applications, standards, and procedures to facilitate adoption
- Contribute to streamlining of IT processes across the organization
- Monitor and track a variety of potential IT applications and opportunities
- Facilitate discussions with cross functional teams, working with and supporting complex projects that impact interconnected business functions
- Support IT projects and ensure assigned milestones are completed
- University degree or College diploma in Information Technology, Business Systems Analysis and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 2-3 years related work experience supporting Digital Transformation projects
- Knowledge of SharePoint, CRM, DAM, Software Development Lifecyle
- Advanced skills in Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Experience with Iterative, Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience using project and resources management tools such as MS Project, Jira, Basecamp and Confluence.
- Experience with analysis and modelling for both process and data
- Strong ability to conduct and complete gap/fit analysis including software application validation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a focus on positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to offer suggestions for overall process improvement
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail and follow through
- Starting at $67,158 annually based on a 35-hour work week
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment
- You will work with a creative, talented and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Participation in the OMERS defined benefit pension plan, with generous employer-matching
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks
- Season passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to email@example.com by February 23, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Your application should include:
Your resume and cover letter in one pdf document
Reference your name and the position title in the subject line
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.