Project Manager, IT
Project Manager, IT
Permanent, Full Time
Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore and manage the natural resources in our watershed but we have grown to become so much more. Today, we protect our communities and conserve our natural environment through planning, education and recreation and to support our partners in the creation of sustainable communities within our watershed.
Our strategic plan, Metamorphosis, continues to drive us to embrace more innovative ideas to communicate and collaborate more effectively, create the capacity for us to form new partnerships and position us to become leaders in conservation. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious people that aren’t satisfied with the status quo, that see the opportunity in every challenge, are driven by measurable results and thrive in a busy work environment. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused, socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Working as part of the Project Management Office, the Project Manager, IT will lead project direction from pre-initiation, scoping, budgeting through to implementation and closing. Accountable for project budget creation, program development and monitoring project milestones and outcomes as well as the following:
- Take innovative ideas and put them into a tangible implementation strategy
- Develop concepts for projects, ensure the project aligns with CH strategic initiatives, create preliminary budgets and attend meetings as required
- Apply creative solutions to information technology issues which may impact multiple business units and other planned projects
- Guide and influence decision-making within the organization through well researched and innovative proposals
- Manage multiple consultants and contractors to coordinate all project milestones and requirements.
- Provide project status updates and guidance for decision-making to senior leadership and for approvals by Board of Directors via meetings, presentations, report writing and other correspondence
- Oversee design, manage contract deliverables, manage consultants, manage contractors, monitor project budgets, project/contract administration, ensure planning/design is complete, obtain appropriate project approvals
- Organize and complete approvals/permitting, scope change, coordinate meetings, manage timelines, manage project priorities and stay within budget parameters
- Create and manage legal agreements (i.e. informal quotes, RFT, RFP, RFQ) project budgets, purchase orders, client meetings, description of work to gain reputable contracts and manage their accounts
- University degree or College diploma in Information Technology, Business Systems Analysis
- 3-5 years related work experience delivering IT or Digital Transformation projects.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, CRM, DAM, Software Development Lifecyle
- Advanced skills in Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Experience with Iterative, Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- IT contract management knowledge and experience required to plan and implement projects.
- Experience using project and resources management tools such as MS Project, Jira, Basecamp and Confluence.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a focus on positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to offer suggestions for overall process improvement
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail and follow through
- Starting at $74,074 annually based on a 35-hour work week
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment
- You will work with a creative, talented and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Participation in the OMERS defined benefit pension plan, with generous employer-matching
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks
- Season passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to email@example.com by February 23, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Your application should include:
Your resume and cover letter in one pdf document
Reference your name and the position title in the subject line
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.