Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore and manage natural resources in our watershed, from lake to escarpment, but we have grown to become so much more. Our community also looks to us for accessible, memorable and inspiring education and recreation experiences and leadership in climate change and sustainability. We have a fresh, living strategic plan and we are excited to build our team to achieve the next stage of our metamorphosis.
We’re looking for a Waterfront Lifeguard to join the Kelso Conservation Area team. Are you a collaborative, detail-oriented team player looking for an opportunity to join an environmentally-focused, socially conscious community organization? We’re looking for you!
Reporting to the Head Life Guard, Waterfront Lifeguards are energetic customer service oriented individuals who are passionate about providing a safe swimming and beach experience to their guests. The Waterfront Lifeguards implement the waterfront related risk reduction programs at Kelso Conservation Area’s Beach to ensure our guests have a fun and safe visit. Kelso Conservation Area boasts visitation numbers in excess of 150,000 during a summer season, the majority of which use the waterfront facilities, picnic & camp sites and our trail system.
• Certified as an NLS Lifeguard (Waterfront preferred)
• Must be able to certify as an NLS Waterfront Lifeguard
• Lifesaving Instructor Certification and Swim Instructor Certification preferred
• Previous waterfront experience is considered an asset
• Starting at $14.00 Part-time & Full-time; hours vary
• At Conservation Halton, we offer a robust total rewards package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Free access to all Conservation Ontario parks
- Generous discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
• You will join the organization at one of the most exciting times in our 60 year history
• You will have the opportunity to work with a solutions-focused team, and to develop your skills
• May 2018
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please visit the link below to apply online:
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.