Visitor Services / Kitchen Staff, Maple Town at Mountsberg
(6 week Contract, Seasonal)
Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore and manage natural resources in our watershed, from lake to escarpment, but we have grown to become so much more. Our community also looks to us for accessible, memorable and inspiring education and recreation experiences and leadership in climate change and sustainability. We have a fresh, living strategic plan and we are excited to build our team to achieve the next stage of our metamorphosis.
We’re looking for a Cook/ Cashier to join our Mountsberg Pancake House team. Are you a collaborative, detail-oriented team player looking for an opportunity to join an environmentally focused, socially conscious community organization? We’re looking for you!
Reporting to the Coordinator, Visitor Services, the Cook/Cashier is responsible for preparing and serving food, assist in collecting and processing payment when needed, stocking products, cleaning tables and food service equipment and providing service in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Prepare and serve food in safe and sanitary manner following food-handling procedures
- Ensure proper operation of all equipment
- Stock products throughout the day
- Maintain organized and clean work areas and stock room
- Notifying supervisor when products are required
- Greet and respond to visitor’s needs in a friendly, efficient manner
- Process payment from customer following proper cash handling procedures
- Clean and maintain a safe and attractive food service area ensuring all duties for shift are completed fully and efficiently
- Perform duties in accordance with Conservation Halton’s Safety policy and procedures and with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations
- Perform other duties as required to contribute to the team effort and achieve the objectives of the department and Conservation Halton
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience/training in the food industry
- Previous cashier experience is an asset
- Interest in hospitality, restaurant, and resort management is beneficial
- Ability to travel to a site not serviced by public transportation
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds (19 kilos), stand for long periods, some walking, work in cold temperatures at times, including some outside work.
- Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check
- Starting at $14.00 per hour
- Must be available to work weekends in March and the April 6 & 7 weekend, as well as March Break.
At Conservation Halton, we offer a robust total rewards package, including:
- Season’s passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski hill
- Generous discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
- You will join the organization at one of the most exciting times in our 60 year history
- You will have the opportunity to work with a solutions-focused team, and to develop your skills
Our Core Values
- Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
- Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
- Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
- Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
- Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday February 18, 2019.
You application should include:
1. Your resume as a pdf document
2. Reference your name and the position title in the subject line
3. In the body of your email, please indicate where you heard about this opportunity
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act