Picnics are more than just potato salad at Conservation Halton Parks! Our parks offer incredible views, trails and activities for you and your guests to enjoy together as part of your experience.
Picnicking is officially open at Kelso Conservation Area for summer 2022! Our picnic sites are perfect for groups to enjoy a delicious meal at their spacious picnic area and have all-day access to our parks. You can even add on beach access, boat rentals, or the Challenge Course for a full day of fun!
Food always tastes better when you enjoy it outdoors, so come picnic and stay all day to cook, play, and enjoy everything the parks have to offer.
Picnicking at Kelso offers spectacular views of the escarpment and it is just a short drive from the GTA. There are a number of activities offered on site, including swimming, boating, hiking and mountain biking. Kelso offers pristine picnic sites located throughout the park that are available by reservation. The sites range in price based on size and access to amenities divided into Small, Medium, and Large sites. You can view the details of each site when you go to book your picnic site.
|Site Fee||Adult All Day Gate Fee||Senior All-Day Gate Fee||Child All-Day Gate Fee||Under 5 All-Day Gate Fee|
*The sites range in price based on size and access to amenities divided into Small, Medium, and Large sites. You can view site map below, and the details of each site when you go to book your picnic site.
How to Book your Picnic Site
Gate admission can be paid in advance of your visit. If over 20 people and paid in one lump sum you will receive a 15% discount. If paid on the day of the event individually no discount will apply
All picnic reservations require the signature of a person 21 years of age or older at the time of processing and issuing of permit. This person must also be present for the day the site is reserved.
Cancellations require at least three days notice to be eligible for refund. A $25 administration fee applies to all cancellations and booking changes.
You can add the following to your picnic site visit through the reservation system:
- Always park in designated parking areas. Do not park on the grass unless it is posted to do so.
- Visitors who have reserved a picnic site can arrive after 9:00am and must leave before 7:00pm.
- Propane and charcoal stoves and barbeques are permitted but must be monitored at all times.
- Please keep music at a volume level that allows you to speak to each other without shouting.
- We ask that you please avoid any activities that could be disruptive to visitors at other picnic sites.
- Please leave the picnic site how it was when you arrived. Damage or mess could result in a $100 charge.
- Any and all fires at the picnic site must be thoroughly extinguished before leaving the park.
- Make sure that stoves and barbeques have had time to cool before loading them back into vehicles.
- Dogs and other pets are required to remain on a leash (no more than 2m or 6ft) at all times in the parks.
Conservation Halton staff reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are unwilling to adhere to any of the posted rules or for other issues that arise during your visit. Misuse of park memberships or park reservation system may result in suspension or cancellation of membership, or park access.
Conservation Halton reserves the right to cancel park visits and picnics site reservations due to site or park conditions. If your reservation is cancelled, you will be notified and fees will be refunded. If you wish to cancel your reservation for any reason, cancellations must be made at least 72 hours before the day of the reservation to receive a refund. Please note that certain amenities (trails, beach, attractions, and activities) may be unavailable at different times of year or due to weather. Closure of these amenities will not qualify for cancelling or refunding