Whether you are fishing from a rowboat at Mountsberg or exploring in a kayak at Kelso, boating is a great way to spend time out on the water. Non-motorized boats, like canoes, kayaks, peddleboats, and paddleboards, are allowed on the water at Kelso and Mountsberg. (Boats with electric trolling motors are permitted as an exception.) Boating is not permitted at any of the other parks.
Boat rentals are not available at Mountsberg.
Smaller boats, such as canoes and kayaks, can be launched at Mountsberg Dam or carried a short distance from the parking lot to the shore at Mountsberg. Larger boats can only be launched from Mountsberg Dam, but must be non-motorized.
Boat rentals are available in Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Rentals can be purchased online when you reserve your park visit at parkvisit.ca
June 3 – June 26
Friday: 2PM – 6PM
June 27 – September 1
Monday to Thursday: 10AM – 4PM (limited boats available)
Friday to Sunday: 10AM – 6PM
September 2 – Mid/End of September (TBD)
Saturday and Sunday (plus Labour Day): 10AM – 4PM
*All boat rentals are one-hour in length.
|Canoe||$30||3||Includes three paddles, three lifejackets, and a safety kit.|
|Two-Person Kayak||$25||2||Includes two paddles, two lifejackets, and a safety kit.|
|One-Person Kayak||$22||1||Includes one paddle, one lifejacket, and a safety kit.|
|Kayak (Junior)||$22||1||Most appropriate for children under 5ft tall. Includes one paddle, one lifejacket, and a safety kit.|
|Paddleboat||$30||4||Can accommodate two adults in the front and two children (under 60lbs) in the back. Includes four lifejackets and a safety kit.|
|Standup Paddleboard||$22||1||Includes one paddle, one lifejacket, and a safety kit.|
|Standup Paddleboard (Junior)||$22||1||Most appropriate for children under 5ft tall. Includes one paddle, one lifejacket, and a safety kit.|
Conservation Halton has the right to close boat rentals and cancel reservations due to weather conditions. If cancellation is necessary, customers will be contacted and a full refund on boat rentals (not including entrance fees) will be provided.
- Canoe: Fits up to 3 people. A canoe rental includes 3 Life Jackets, Safety Kit and 3 Paddles.
- Pedal Boat: Fits up to 4 people. 2 adults in the front, 2 children (Under 60lbs) in the back. Includes 4 lifejackets & Safety Kit.
- SUP (Stand Up Paddle Board): 1 person board. Includes 1 Life Jacket, 1 Paddle & Safety Kit.
- Jr SUP (Stand Up Paddle Board): 1 person board sized for children under 5 foot. Includes 1 Life Jacket, 1 Paddle & Safety Kit.
- Single Kayak: Fit for one person. Kayak includes 1 Life Jacket, Safety Kit & Kayak Paddle.
- Jr Single Kayak: Fit for one child under 5 foot. Kayak includes 1 Life Jacket, Safety Kit & Kayak Paddle.
- Double Kayak: Fit for two people. Double Kayak includes 2 Life Jackets, Safety Kit & 2 Kayak Paddles.