Trees for Watershed Health
Trees for Watershed Health 2018 events
Conservation Halton’s Trees for Watershed Health community tree planting events are back in 2018. Once again this year, two events will be held, one in the spring and another in the fall.
The spring event will be held on Saturday, May 5 between 9 a.m. and noon at Bayview Park in partnership with the City of Burlington and Cootes to Escarpment. We welcome all individuals, families, and small groups to participate. No prior planting experience is required. The event is free of charge and includes a breakfast for all registrants. Space is limited and pre-registration is mandatory.
- 9 am - Registration opens, breakfast
- 9:30 am - Welcome and tree planting instruction
- 9:45 am - Tree planting begins
Click here for more information and the link to volunteer for the May 5 tree planting, or click on the link to the right.
Conservation Halton’s Fall Trees for Watershed Health community tree planting event will be held during the month of September at a location in the City of Hamilton. Details will be posted here once finalized.
About Trees for Watershed Health
Trees for Watershed Health is a Conservation Halton community outreach program which gets watershed residents and community groups involved in tree planting. The program is designed to bring communities and nature together to increase forest cover in the watershed through volunteers planting trees at selected sites.
This program was launched by a multi-year grant given to Conservation Halton by the Ontario Trillium Foundation and started on Earth Day, April 22, 2006. Conservation Halton continues to hold an annual tree planting event on or around this date.
Trees for Watershed Health Program Objectives
- Increase forest cover in Conservation Halton’s watershed to foster a healthy, sustainable and vibrant natural environment
- Engage watershed communities through a volunteer tree planting program and encourage local stewardships
- Increase Conservation Halton’s volunteer base by providing innovative planting programs
- Deliver quality outreach and education to highlight the benefits of increasing urban and rural forest cover