Volunteering for Trees For Watershed Health
Conservation Halton is holding a fall community tree planting event in partnership with the City of Hamilton and Trout Unlimited on Saturday, September 9, 2017.
We welcome all individuals, families, and small groups to participate. No prior planting experience is required. The event is free of charge and includes a continental breakfast for all registrants. Space is limited and pre-registration is mandatory (see below).
Saturday, September 9, 2017
- 9 am - Registration Opens and Tree Planting Instructions
- 9:30 am - Tree planting begins
- 10:45 a.m. - Welcoming Remarks
- 11 to 11:30 am (approx.) - Lunch Avaialble
159 Carlisle Rd,
Hamilton, ON L0R 1H0
Volunteers are asked to remember to:
- Arrive & sign-in between 9 am and 9:30 am at Courtcliffe Park in Carlisle (Hamilton); planting begins shortly after 9:30 am Address:159 Carlisle Rd, Hamilton, ON L0R 1H0.
- Dress appropriately and bring rainboots. The site will be wet and muddy, so prepare to get a little dirty.
- Bring a shovel/spade for each member of your group, gloves if you have them as well as sunscreen or a hat if it’s sunny.
- Bring your own water in a refillable water bottle.
- A barbeque lunch will be provided by the Carlisle Optimists starting around 11 a.m. Vegetarian options will be available.
- Each individual (or group) will be assigned to a planting location upon arrival.
- This is a pet free event. We ask that you please do not bring your pets with you. This is to ensure the comfort and safety of all our participants.
- Washroom will be available on site.
- Keep in mind that we are all getting together to help promote the regeneration of wildlife habitat and re-naturalize the environment and should try and reduce our impact on the natural environment. Please be cautious as you walk through the site to avoid stepping on existing vegetation and tree seedlings from previous plantings and kindly avoid bringing any items to the event that may end up going to the landfill as garbage.
We look forward to your participation on Saturday, September 9, 2017.