Sweet Water Season
All things maple continues at Crawford Lake! Sweet Water Season runs February 25 until April 2, 2017 on weekends, holidays and March Break from 10am - 4pm each day. Sweet Water Season is free with regular gate admission or a Halton Parks Membership.
The skill of maple sugar making was learned from Ontario’s First Nations who have been enjoying the tasty treat for generations. A trip to Crawford Lake will help you step back in time to learn how maple sugar may have been made in an Iroquoian Village over 600 years ago. Sweetwater demonstrations occur at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm and conclude with a tasty morsel of cornbread soaked in maple syrup. Don’t know what type of syrup you enjoy most? Syrup is similar to wine with many distinct flavours! Treat yourself to syrup sampling flights at 12pm and 2pm. Maple taffy on snow will also be available from 12pm until 4pm (weekends and March Break) --a truly Canadian delight.
- Gather by the fire for demonstrations, samples and storytelling at 11am, 1pm & 3pm
- Try some distinct syrup flavours, including birch with sampling flights at 12pm & 2pm
- Discover how maple taffy on snow is made and try a taffy lollipop from 12pm - 4pm ($2.50 each)
- Explore the park on a Discovery Hunt for kids
- Tour the reconstructed longhouses
- Hike around the beautiful meromictic lake