Sweet Water Season
All things maple continues at Crawford Lake! Sweet Water Season runs February 24 until April 2, 2018 on weekends, holidays and March Break from 10am - 4pm each day. Sweet Water Season is free with regular gate admission or a Halton Parks Membership.
The skill of maple sugar making was learned from First Nations people who have been enjoying the tasty treat for generations. A trip to Crawford Lake will help you step back in time to learn how maple sugar may have been made in a longhouse village over 600 years ago. Sweetwater demonstrations occur at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm and conclude with a tasty morsel of cornbread soaked in maple syrup. Don’t know what type of syrup you enjoy most? Syrup is similar to wine with many distinct flavours! Treat yourself to syrup sampling flights at 12pm and 2pm. Maple taffy on snow will also be available from 12pm until 4pm (weekends and March Break) --a truly timeless delight.
- Gather by the fire for demonstrations and samples at 11am, 1pm & 3pm
- Try some distinct syrup flavours, including birch with sampling flights at 12pm & 2pm
- Discover how maple taffy on snow is made and try a taffy lollipop from 12pm - 4pm ($2.50 each)
- Tour the reconstructed longhouses
- Hike around the beautiful meromictic lake
- Enjoy the chain saw sculptures on the Hide and Seek Trail - featuring some of Ontario’s Species at Risk