Conservation Halton is extending the deadline until Tuesday, May 19, 2015 to submit nominations for the 2015 Conservation Halton Awards. The Conservation Halton Awards recognize local conservation heroes who have made a difference in the community.
The awards recognize people, groups and organizations in our watershed who have worked hard to protect, preserve, or enhance our environment. Members of the community can submit a nomination in the following eight Conservation Halton Award categories:
- Citizen Award – Presented to an individual who has made a significant effort to improve the natural environment in the Halton Watershed.
- Citizen (Youth) Award – Presented to a youth who has made a significant effort to improve the natural environment in the Halton Watershed.
- Community Award - Presented to a community organization, institution or business that has undertaken a significant conservation action that exemplifies wise conservation.
- Corporate Award - Presented to a corporation or municipality that demonstrates leadership in protecting and enhancing the natural environment
- Education (Individual) Award - Presented to a person who has promoted a better understanding and appreciation of conservation.
- Education (Group or School) Award - Presented to a group or school that has promoted a better understanding and appreciation of conservation.
- Media / Blogger Award - Presented to a member of the print, radio, television, or online media including website, social media campaigns and blogs that raises awareness of environmental issues, challenges and solutions in the watershed.
- Stewardship Award - Presented to a landowner who demonstrates stewardship excellence in protecting the natural environment of their property.
Previous winners include residents, schools, multinational corporations, community environmental groups, government and national non-government organizations. No effort is too small, and no organization is too big to be nominated.
Candidates for an award can be nominated by any individual or organization. Nominations can now be received by midnight on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 and can be submitted online on the Conservation Halton Awards webpage, or by calling 905-336-1158, Ext. 2233.
Completing the nomination form takes only a few minutes. Try to provide plenty of background information on the nominee to give the selection committee a good idea about who the nominee is and the impact of their accomplishment. Feel free to include any additional information you feel will support the nomination, such as photos, testimonial letters, and media stories.
Conservation Halton Award recipients will be recognized at the Awards Night on Tuesday, June 23, at an invitation-only event at the Milton Centre for the Arts. You can find past award winners, and more information on our website.