How Can I Help?
Raptor of the Month
Every Raptor at the Mountsberg Raptor Centre is special. Each species has unique talents and characteristics. Help us feed and care for the birds while learning about our featured Raptor by donating to the Raptor of the Month. Click here to see available Raptor of the Month options.
If you have any questions about the Raptor of the Month program, please email the Conservation Halton Foundation’s Director of Development, Brian Hobbs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering at the Mountsberg Raptor Centre
The Raptor Centre is not for everyone. It involves hours of cleaning, scraping, scrubbing, raking, hosing, more scrubbing, more scraping, mowing, and more. It also involves being outside in the winter cold and the summer heat, preparing food animals (rats, rabbits, chicken, etc), and even more cleaning. While volunteers are not guaranteed any experiences with directly handling a bird, it is definitely a possibility for those volunteers who put in the time and effort.
- Be able to commit to volunteering a minimum of one day (at least 6 hours) per week for a period of no less than four months
- Be at least 15 years of age and have a reliable form of transportation to a park not serviced by public transit
- Be friendly, attentive, and respectful of the resident birds, ready and willing to work hard, and have fun!
Sound like you? Email email@example.com for more information!
There are lots of items that are necessary for the Mountsberg Raptor Centre to function - and we appreciate your generous donations! We will gladly take donations of the following materials:
- Newspaper - clean, stacked/folded, with advertisements and mail-ins removed
- Astroturf - soft or hard, clean (no oil, pesticides, etc)
- Leather/leather scraps - at least 1ft in one direction
- Rope - sisal, cotton, etc. Any size, must be clean (no oil, pesticides, etc)
- Chest freezer(s) - large and functional, does not have to be attractive!
- Frozen Whole/Intact (no barbituates) - Rabbits, rats, mice, chickens, quail, fish, etc.