Create A Healthy Yard This Spring
Want to upgrade your yard, but don’t know where to start? Conservation Halton hosts FREE Homeowner Workshops each year. Our staff experts will lead you through all the steps to creating a gardening plan which is low cost, environmentally friendly and enhances the beauty of your garden and curb appeal.
2017 Homeowner Workshop Series
Conservation Halton will host Homeowner Workshops in the following communities in 2017:
- In Dundas at the Dundas Musem (139 Park Street W.) from 6:30-8 pm on February 28, March 7 & 21
- In Waterdown at the Harry Howell Arena (27 Hwy 5) from 6:30-8 pm on March 1, 8, & 22
To register for these workshops please use the green buttons provided or call 905-336-1158 ext. 2324. An email will be sent the week before the first workshop with more information on the session and to confirm your attendance.
Workshop Topics and Descriptions
- Getting Started! (February 28 & March 1) - Find out how storm water is managed in your community and how it connects to you and your home at our introductory homeowner workshop. We will also discuss the newest trends in residential landscaping, and how you can use them to increase curb appeal, save money, and improve the health of our local watershed.
- Working with Nature: Selecting the “Right” Plants (March 7 & 8) - Want a diverse garden with more birds and wildlife but less upkeep, watering and mowing? Naturalizing your yard by using native species, organic fertilizers, or a backyard pond may be the perfect solution for you. You will leave this workshop with the inspiration and know-how to make your garden a low-maintenance oasis.
- Rain Gardens & Low-Impact Landscaping (March 21 & 22) - At this workshop you will discover how adding a rain barrel or garden to your home can be a simple, inexpensive way to direct rain water away from your home towards your plants, garden, or lawn. Manage storm water on your property using low-impact techniques that are sure to make your yard the envy of the neighbourhood.
Dundas Registration FULL (now taking wait list)
(held Feb. 28, Mar. 7 & 21)
FULL (now taking wait list)
(held Mar. 1, 8 & 22)