About CH Foundation
The Conservation Halton Foundation is a registered charitable organization that raises funds for stewardship and education about our natural environment.
Since our founding in 1974, we have raised more than $5,000,000 to help care of injured birds of prey, to plant trees, to purchase important natural lands and to teach children about the value of nature.
Our goal is to make sure that we use your gift as effectively as possible and get great results. We invite you to have a look for yourself at what we’ve achieved in the past three years.
- Click to see the Conservation Halton Foundation 2016 Donor Report
- Click to see the Conservation Halton Foundation 2015 Donor Report
- Click to see the Conservation Halton Foundation 2014 Donor Report
These Donor Reports are part of our commitment to you to show you how we put your gift to work. If you’d like more information,
- Click here to see the Conservation Halton Foundation 2016 Audited Financial Statements
- Click here to see the Conservation Halton Foundation 2015 Audited Financial Statements
- Click here to see the Conservation Halton Foundation 2014 Audited Financial Statements
We are currently raising funds for the Halton Children’s Water Festival, the Halton Forest Festival, the Mountsberg Shrike Recovery Project, the Mountsberg Raptor Centre, the Conservation Halton Stewardship program, and the perrmanent conservation of natural lands throughout the watershed.
Conservation Halton Foundation is managed by a volunteer board of directors and staff.
Our 2017 Conservation Halton Foundation Board of Directors includes:
- Jim A. Sweetlove (Chair) is now retired and was a Lawyer with Ross & McBride LLP of Hamilton.
- Monique Smith (Vice-Chair) is a community volunteer from Milton, where she lives with her family who all enjoy mountain biking at local Conservation Areas.
- Suzanne Bevan is a Senior Planner with the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority.
- Rob Campbell has been working in the public service sector for over 20 years and is an avid supporter of outdoor activities, spending time in our conservation areas, and the education and preservation of our environment.
- Cathy Duddeck is the Regional and Town Councillor for Ward 2 in the Town of Oakville and is the Vice-Chair of Conservation Halton.
- Don Ford is a Senior Hydrogeologist with the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority. Don is also an active birder and hiker who frequents Conservation Halton parks with his family.
- Jim McCoubrey is the former Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Carmine Maiorano is the Owner and President of SoloVita Consulting.
- Gerry Smallegange is the President and Chief Executive Officer at Burlington Hydro and Chair of the Conservation Halton Board of Directors.
We also have a number of Life Members on our Board of Directors. They are:
- Robert and Birgit Bateman
- G. Allan Burton
- Ninalee Craig
We have full time Foundation staff to raise funds and help manage the Foundation.
Brian Hobbs is our Director of Development. He manages all fundraising activities of the Conservation Halton Foundation and has steadily grown the Foundation’s revenues and portfolio of successful projects. Brian has 23 years of experience in fundraising and consulting with organizations such as the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario, the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, and many others. Brian has helped raise more than $42 million for charitable works in Ontario and across Canada.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Foundation at (905) 336-1158 extension 2255 or at firstname.lastname@example.org