Visitor Services Administrator
Visitor Services Administrator
Glen Eden, Part-Time Contract
Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore and manage the natural resources in our watershed but we have grown to become so much more. Today, our purpose is to protect our communities and conserve our natural environment through planning, education and recreation and to support our partners in the creation of sustainable communities within our watershed. We also have a new strategic plan, Metamorphosis, which will empower us to embrace more innovative ideas and creative solutions, enable us to communicate and collaborate more effectively, create the capacity for us to form new partnerships within the community and position us to become leaders in conservation.
Reporting to the Manager, Visitor Services, the Visitor Services Administrator supports cash handling operations including counting deposits, distributing coin, balancing safes, scheduling deposits and assisting with reporting and other day to day duties to ensure the smooth operations of the Visitor Services Department.
- Assist with Cash Handling procedures during Glen Eden season
- Counting cash and reconciling deposits
- Prepare cash deposit to bank and schedule coin deliveries
- Balance safes and record amounts
- Transport change, floats and/or deposits within an area and/or between areas
- Count and record the amount of Locker/Vendor money
- Utilize POS software reporting system in balancing cash deposits
- Assist with reporting, forms, documentation and other administrative duties
- Related diploma, degree, or comparable work experience in administrative role
- Knowledge and experience of cash handling and procedures
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Detail oriented able to maintain organization and accuracy of cash handling procedures
- Available to work weekends and holidays
A Criminal Record Check is required for employment
Compensation & Hours
- Starting at $15.90 per hour
- Hours range between 15 to 20 a week. Some hours required on weekends and Christmas & March Break
- Staff identification pass which entitles you to free entry to all of our conservation areas, free skiing and snowboarding, and discounts on goods, services, cafeteria food, events with a participation fee, and equipment rentals
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to email@example.com by November 30, 2017 at 11:59pm.
You application should include:
1. A one page cover letter, and your resume in one pdf document
2. Reference your name and the position title in the subject line
3. In the body of your email, please indicate where you heard about this opportunity
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.