Christmas Town 2017
Christmas Town will return to Mountsberg in 2017 from November 18 to December 24. We look forward to welcoming Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus back to Mountsberg for their annual visit.
Christmas Town is a popular program. Due to high demand, a lottery registration system is used for tickets to Christmas Town.
The lottery was open from September 13 at 11 a.m. to September 27 at 11 a.m. and is now closed for 2017.
Visitor Service staff will be working on Christmas Town registrations starting September 28 to November 3, 2017. Those families who are selected will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your visit by November 3, 2017.
As we all know, November and December are very important months for Santa and his elves. The North Pole can be a very busy place with all of the hustle and bustle of preparing toys to deliver to children around the world. With the elves hammering and working with their tools, reindeer hooves clattering on rooftops, and Mrs. Claus bringing in fresh treats from the kitchen for Santa to sample – it’s hard for Santa to find a moment’s peace!
It’s a little known fact that Santa flies down from the North Pole to Mountsberg Conservation Area periodically prior to Christmas, where he has a quiet little cabin in the woods. He brings Mrs. Claus and a few elves to think about ideas for new toys, and to speak with children about what they would like for Christmas. Over the years, Santa’s cabin has been joined by a top secret elves workshop, a present wrapping depot, a reindeer flight academy and a cozy kitchen for Mrs. Claus. Together the little village is known as Christmas Town.
Each year Santa asks the staff at Mountsberg Conservation Area to help him by inviting families to visit Christmas Town.
A visit to Christmas Town includes:
- Pre-visit fun – spend time learning how to be elves in the Elf Academy or Mrs. Claus’ helpers in the Gingerbread House
- Magical wagon ride through the winter woodlands to Christmas Town
- Make a special Christmas craft, and enjoy cookies and hot chocolate in Mrs. Claus’ kitchen
- Tour the Present Wrapping Depot, Flight Academy and listen to the elves working in the top secret Elves Workshop (no peeking!) or have your picture taken in Santa’s sleigh
- Enjoy a private visit to Santa’s Cabin to meet Mrs. Claus and the jolly man himself
View the magic of Christmas Town below.